- incomplete rehabilitation of past injuries
- lack of proper and periodic lumbar spinal alignments
- presence of lumbar spine subluxations
- improper lifting techniques
- improper workstation setup
- poor posture
- prolonged sitting
- prolonged use of non-ergonomically designed equipment
- excessive repetitive torsal motions
- exposure to vibratory forces (truck drivers, jack hammer operators)
- scoliosis (lateral deviation of the spine)
- fallen foot arches and other foot abnormalities
- physical inactivity
- poor diet and nutritional practices
Identifying the Cause
The first step in treating low back pain is to determine what has and is causing the pain. Once the causes and contributing factors are identified, a successful treatment plan can be structured to eliminate the pain and achieve the goals of the patient.
Proper Habits and Techniques
Another key ingredient to a successful lower back pain treatment plan includes the learning of proper postural habits and other techniques. Proper posture is a significant factor in the health of the back and proper posture should always be practiced. Techniques common to daily living and work also play a major role in the development or lack of development of low back pain. This includes proper lifting techniques, avoidance of repetitive motions, avoidance of prolonged sitting, and much more. We can teach you correct habits and techniques which will protect your back from discomfort and injury.
How to Maintain a Healthy Lower Back
If you’re suffering from lower back pain, join the millions of other individuals who have benefited from gentle, safe and natural chiropractic care. Our treatments provide fast, effective relief which not only eliminates pain, but can help increase the performance and health of the entire body.